5.03.2010

Quit H8n, Start Appreci8n


So it's Teacher Appreciation Week!

What is your school doing for you? We are having dippin' dots! There is pretty much nothing I like better than ice cream and dippin' dots pretty much takes the cake um, ice cream. And we are having our lunch catered, yum yum in my tum BBQ!

What are you doing for other teachers? This is my first real year in the teaching world and I would like to honor the teachers I work with. There are some I like more than most but still, we are all in the trenches together. What would be a good idea? Candy? A card? A good teacher quote or two in the mailbox?

To celebrate teachers everywhere, here's a list of 50 Incredible Books Every Educator Should Read . Honestly, I thought this list would be old school but there are quite a few I've read and quite a few I'd like to. (Just for the sake of listing, I've read # 1, 2, 6, 9, 35, 39, 44, 46, 47, 48, and 49. I'd like to read #4, 5, 11, 25, 31, 32, 33, 34)

Take two. Now go check out this list of  Top 12 Must See Teacher Movies so you can go rent the ones you haven't already seen seventy bajillion times...And now, I have something atrocious to admit. I have never seen Stand and Deliver. *gasps, eye rolling, shocked expressions* I know right? But I have seen 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12. (This was just a deliberate ploy to enable my love-to-list syndrome.) I just enjoy knowing there are a few out there that I can look forward to seeing. Yay!

Now to give my fellow online teachers some props, go here to vote for the Top Teacher & Teaching Blogs. There are 4 pages of blogs so be sure to check out each page before you vote. There are several blogs nominated that I follow (ahem --------> see sidebar) and many people worthy of winning. So get your vote on readers!

This Saturday, May 8th, Sears Outlet stores will hold Teacher Appreciation Day, offering an extra 10% off the lowest outlet store price - this is in addition to the general savings of 20% to 60% off (merchandise and discounts vary by stores).

For more details, check out http://www.searsoutlet.com - don’t forget to bring ID to show off that you’re a teacher!

And give me some ideas for what I should do to appreciate my colleagues!



No comments:

Post a Comment